Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (5,916 Views)
Accepted Solution

officejet 6110xi error message Remove and Check Cartridge

i was in the middle of printing and the error message Remove and Check Cartridge came up. the cartridges are fairly new and it was printing before.  i checked and cleaned the cartridge but i still get the message.  i have windows 7 so i can't check the ink level.  what else can i do.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: officejet 6110xi error message Remove and Check Cartridge

Provost
Message 2 of 7 (5,911 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try cleaning the cartridge and printer contacts as shown in this page.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Note:  HP support will NOT send you an email suggesting that it is hard to provide assistance in the community and that you should call a support number (possibly with listings for US/Canada, UK and Australia).  These are fraudlent and NOT associated with HP Support. Please post here if you receive such an email.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (2,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
Honor Student
Message 4 of 7 (2,467 Views)

I have already removed and cleaned cartridges AND now have replaced them with new cartridges.  I am still getting the same 'remove and check . . . ."  message.  Thanks.

Provost
Message 5 of 7 (2,454 Views)

corvalgranny wrote:

I have already removed and cleaned cartridges AND now have replaced them with new cartrides.  I am still getting the same 'remove and check . . . ."  message.  Thanks.

The link I gave above discusses cleaning the cartridge contacts as well as the contacts in the printer.  Make sure you have cleaned the printer contacts.  Also inspect the x-bias spring and the printer flex circuitry as shown in the post here.  If the flex is damaged the printer will require service or replacement.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Note:  HP support will NOT send you an email suggesting that it is hard to provide assistance in the community and that you should call a support number (possibly with listings for US/Canada, UK and Australia).  These are fraudlent and NOT associated with HP Support. Please post here if you receive such an email.

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (2,435 Views)

The flex arm and back grid appear to be just fine. So I've cleaned, replaced, checked arm, etc and still same error message: remove and check cartridge. Is there anything else I can do? Older model but prints great photos,etc. hp 6110xi all in one. Really can't afford new printer. My son bought me a $35 wireless. Lasted about a year. I hate new crap that is coming out. THANK you,,,,
Student
Message 7 of 7 (1,208 Views)

I had this problem on my HP 6110.  If you open this cover so the print cartridges move to the middle, then look inside the mechanism on the right side you will see a little tab with electrodes on top.    Mine was covered in ink and after cleaning with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip my problem resolved.   Hope it works for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation