cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

officejet 6700 Win 10

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've switched (maybe) from 2 old Dells (922 and 924). On the Dells I could do a scan preview and then from the preview pick what I wanted to scan and save. I could then pick something different from the preview and save. How do I do this on the Officejet 6700?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,539
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums @volts10

I understand you are trying to save pages from a preview rather than saving all scanned pages and I'd be happy to help. When you scan using the HP Software, you will have the option to delete pages you've scanned and then save only the ones you want. If you are scanning from the front panel of the printer, I suggest opening the software on the computer instead as you may find there are more options for you to choose from. 

Please let me know if satisfies your inquiry and click the Accept as Solution button below if it has. If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know how you are currently scanning and the outcome of scanning from the software on the computer. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not scanning several pages - 1 page. On my Dell it shows a "preview" (the original scan).  For instance I can place several checks I have received on the scanner and the "preview" shows them all. I can then move the frame to include only one check and then scan only that one check and it opens automatically in my picture viewing program where I can then save it as I wish. I can then return to the "preview" and pick another check and scan it and save it as I wish. I can return to the "preview" and do it again. I can pick whatever I want from the "preview" and save it and the "preview" is always there until I get rid of it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I figured it out by using "right click" on the images to de-select them.

Highlighted
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 651
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@volts10

Glad to hear it's now resolved 🙂

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation