Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rjpbanker Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911a does not answer fax

Set up for my OfficeJet Pro 8600N911 a printer for faxing will not work. I use a phone system called MagicJack Plus wired through my router over the internet (not through the computer). I have tried turning off the phone answering feature, turned off Error Correction Mode which reduced fax speed to medium and turned off all MagicJack answerng devices.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES
rjpbanker Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update:  I am able to send faxes however I cannot receive faxes.

0 Kudos
crayjones Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same basic setup and am having trouble with noise or something on the line with MagicJack.  I have a new 2014 MJ+ and a new 8600 Plus.  My old Magicjack and an HP8500 worked just fine.  This is the most perplexing issue I have ever found.  Got it to work with the HP Fax Back Service but could not get it to receive a whole page that was sent back.  Looked like large packets of data were missing.  Sent to an old FAX and it was barely readable and recongnizable.  tried to send from old fax to the 8600 and again, got only partial looking pages back.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation