Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,909 Views)

only half my pdf prints.

[ Edited ]

I just installed HP4280, trying to print pdf but it won't print the whole page.  I have tried just printing and using the HP Smart Web Print  -  getting the same result.   Any ideas on how to fix this?   I am  running Windows 7, using dlink shareport to connect to printer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (2,897 Views)

Re: only half my pdf prints.

[ Edited ]

What printer model? (There are a couple of different 4280 models....)

The page here may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (2,886 Views)

thanks for responding.   it is a Deskjet F4280 All-in-One.    It is not just pdfs, trying to print a page (that is supposed to be printable) from a website has the same problem.

I have also tried using SnagIt to copy and then print and have tried pasting into a Word document and printing.  Same thing happens.

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (2,881 Views)

[ Edited ]

So does it basically fail to print any complex pages with graphics?  I would probably try temporarily connecting the printer with USB just to check the printer operation.  If this works fine then I would look into the print server as an area for investigation.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation