Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I had been using a deskjet 2600 which suddenly stopped with an "out of paper" error message. It was loaded with sufficient paper. No solution for the problem could be found, so I bought a new printer. the new one, Officejet 3830, does exactly the same thing. No solution found. What's does this?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Same problem. New printer. Pissed off.

HP: Please don't repost the generic scripted reply. This is obviously not user error, too many people have experienced the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @imogenx, and @bagz.

I would be happy to help you both with your Officejet 3830. I understand the printer will not print and displays an out of paper error. bagz, I can see from your post that you may be feeling frustrated but I assure you both, I will do my best to help you work towards a solution. 

Although it is not a paper jam issue you are experiencing, the solutions presented in the following document just might help: HP OfficeJet 3830, DeskJet 3830 Printers - A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays.

Please let me know whether this resolves the issue or not. Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello bagz, 

Kindly check if there any obstruction ( sensor protruding ) as shown in the below pic.

Area of concern is pointed using white paper strip. It should look as it seen in the pic.

OOPS_OJ3830.jpg

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same out of paper error.

The link that says you have to clean everything is not very helful.

This is what happens. I print. If I print right away, then I can continue to print.

If a small amount of time goes by, I get the out of paper errror.

I reboot the printer,  Then I can print again. 

The whole scenario continues.

This tells me it's a software issue because I can print without making any adjustments to the printer other than turnig it on and off.  THis is very frusturating havbing to reboot my printer every time I want to print.

HP Recommended

Any tips on how to access that area?  It's a very small space and I can barely see in that area of the printer with no easy way to take the dam thing part to gain access.  

HP Recommended

this problem is very annoying.  I think it's a software issue?  This is enough to make me wish I had purchased an epson!

HP Recommended

With the large number of people reporting this problem, I belive this is a software error that HP needs to correct and provide us with an update.

For my printer, it prints fine if I reboot it.  Please contact HP and advise them of this issue.  They need to find a printer that is making this error and figure out this problem.  

HP Recommended

NO..you didn't solve the problem. And neither did the other person who repsonded.  This is likely not a mechanical issue but a software issue.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for kudos! I figured out the answer myself. Paper has to be fiddled with for a few minutes to get it into the exactly correct position before it will work. Annoying, but once you know, you just have to be extremely careful when loading paper.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.