cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bonedog73
Level 1
11 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

p2035n RFU error - ready light and attention light on

HP Recommended

Hello,

I was trying to install HP's print driver on a network P2035n printer through Microsoft print management on Windows 2008 Server R2. During the driver installation it stops and says it's unable to find the specified file HP2030sm.exe, I clicked Browse and to the driver folder then selected the HP2030SM.exe file. It does this for every language. So after 25 times of clicking browse it fails to install the driver with and error stating it can't find the specified file but no information on what file.

After trying the 64bit and 32bit drivers and all the Windows Update drivers and all of them failng with the same error that it can't find the specified file. I found some information on these forums about updating the printer firmware using RFU. I followed the directions for doing an RFU using the USB. I plugged the printer directly into a computer with a USB cable.

The USB directions say to put the printer in RFU mode which on this printer consisted of holding down the Cancel button for 10 sec until the 3 lights flash and then pressing the Go button to make the selection. Well when I pressed Go the printers Attention light came on and now wont do anything at all. The green ready light and the orange attention lights are on. I've powercycle and unplugged the printer but each time just the ready and attention lights come on and the printer wont do anything.

I tried running the firmware update but the program says its unable to communicate with the printer. So I'm guessing its not in RFU mode.

No idea what to do from here... anyone have any ideas? 

I've tired holding the Cancel button down for 10 sec again but it doesnt do anything.

Is there some kind of reset on these printers?

Update: I've added a picture of the error. 

Update: Also If I turn the printer off with the power button and then hold Cancel X down while powering on the printer the Attention light turns off. But if I turn the printer off and back on without holding down the Cancel X button the Attention light comes back on again. I can plug the printer in via USB to a computer and Windows finds the printer and installs it, but I can't send a test print.

1 REPLY 1
nintendo1889
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You might want to use the p2035n driver from windows update, I've had good luck with it over network printing. If you only print to these locally and don't use a terminal server with local printing, you can try the P2015 driver.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation