cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dhnyny
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

p2055dn no longer connects via wireless router

HP Recommended
LaserJet p2055dn
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I recently replaced my wireless router, an ancient Airport Extreme, with a Linksys WRT120N, not exactly state of the art but still an improvement. At first I couldn't connect to my p2055dn, which I plugged into the router. It no longer showed up as a Bonjour printer when I tried to add it. Then I changed the network mode setting on the router from Wireless-N to Mixed, which got the printer to show up as a Bonjour printer. I then added it and all was well. Now, however, the printer is again not showing up at all. I can still print directly with an ethernet cable to the printer but not wirelessly. The only thing that has changed is that I had to reinstall OS X 10.10.3, but I don't see why that should have changed anything, particularly since the printer is no longer showing up on our other computers. My inclination is that the problem has to do with the router settings but maybe there's something I can configure on the printer to get it to play nice with the router? Any suggestions very welcome.

1 REPLY 1
Shwetha
Level 3
Level 3
48 34 3 6
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Customer,

P2055dn is not a Wifi Supporting Printer, the Product that as W as an extenstion supports Wifi,

So suggested to use with Wired Network only.

If interested new models are released which supports wifi.you can go through hp.com.

Regards

HP

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation