Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dgfchaumont Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paper jam message hp 5610

HP Deskjet 5610 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently tried to print 4X6 tabless photos on my printer.  However, the HP Photo Premium paper would only jam.   I cleared out the jam and could not find any missing paper from the photo paper shape.   I went back to printing letter size paper, but receive a jam message everytime I print.  I have followed all of the paper jam solutions offered by HP.  I do not see any paper or bits of paper in the rollers of the printer.  When I make a copy or sent a print job from my computer, the document will print in its entirety, but it will not release the last bottom edge of the paper from the rollers.  It will make all kinds of noise as it attempts (???) to release the paper.  I can pull the paper the remainder of the way out of the rollers, but the racket continues for a few more seconds.   Then I get a jam message.  If I press the "OK" button, the printer will make some more noise and will reset itself and is ready for the next document to be printed.  However, sometimes the paper feeds at a slight angle and you can see it in the print result.

Thanks for your review of my problem.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1040 982 52 99
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome @dgfchaumont.

I see you have been troubleshooting an issue with a reoccurring paper jam error message, and I would like to assist you with this further.

Are you sure the printer is a Deskjet 5610, I'm just not finding it.

Can you specify your your exact printer model for me?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I found an Officejet 5610, so the below steps are for it and can be used as a rough guide for other printer models.

I know you said you have been trying the troubleshooting steps already, but I would repeat the steps in order as per the document; A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 5600 All-in-One Printer Series.

Specifically these steps (I found some different images in this 'Out of Paper' Error and Printer Does Not Pick Paper and copied here for you - you can also follow all of the steps in this document too.)

Cleaning the rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the pick rollers and cause paper feed issues. To help prevent paper feed issues, clean the rollers inside the printer and in the duplexer (if equipped).
  1. Press the power button to turn off the printer.
  2. Wait for the printer park the print cartridges, until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Open the access door to gain access to the pick rollers. Depending on the model, this is usually the rear access door or duplexer.
    If your printer does not have a rear access door or duplexer, then access the pick rollers from the front by removing the main paper tray.
  4. Find the large rubber pick rollers.

Figure : Large rubber pick rollers

Large rubber pick rollers

5. Lightly moisten a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled, filtered, or bottled water.

CAUTION: Do not use tap water or alcohol. Alcohol can dry out rollers. Tap water contains impurities that can damage rollers.
  6. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove dust or dirt buildup.

Figure : Remove dust or dirt buildup from rollers

Remove dust or dirt buildup from rollers

7. If your printer has a duplexer, clean the rollers on the duplexer as well.
  8. Close the access door (if you removed it), replace the paper tray (if you removed it), and reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  9. Press the power button to turn on the printer if it did not power on automatically.
  10. The printer makes noise after it is turned on. Wait for the noise to stop before continuing.
  11. Try printing again.

If it still gives you trouble, you might have to do a hard reset. To do so, leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the back of the printer. While it is unplugged, you can hold down the power button on the printer for about 10-15 seconds to release any built up power. Then plug the printer back in.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Please let me know if these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
dgfchaumont Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry.  I did not accurately provide the product name.  I have an HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One printer.  I will retry the steps in your message in the next day or two.

David

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation