cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
foxtrot1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

paper jam

HP Recommended
officejet pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

new officejet pro 6978 during set up after added ink getting paper jam error. Have checked everything and shut power down to reset.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@foxtrot1

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand there's an error message-"Paper Jam", although you don't have one stuck as such,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the input tray, ink cartridge access area and the ADF to ensure there's no paper jam? to be on safer side.

Have you ensured the carriage can move freely?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Paper jams can be real or false. The printer might report a paper jam even when there is no jammed paper. The following steps apply to both real and false paper jams.

Step 1: Clear jammed paper from the printer

Paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer. If you cannot find the paper jam in one area, continue to the next area until the jam is located.

Step 2: Make sure the carriage can move freely

Make sure the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer.

Step 3: Clean the paper feed rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Clean the rollers inside the printer, and then try to print again.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation