Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

paper jams

HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I can print email and from the web, but every time I try to make a copy, the paper jams

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,641 191 256
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lisl,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I understand that you are using an HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 7 computer that prints fine from the computer, but when you try to copy the paper jams. I would like to help with that.

I would start by performing a Power Reset on the printer.

Once the reset is done try copying again. The the jam issue continues here is a support document can be used to further troubleshoot the paper jam issue - 'Paper Jam' Error.

It might help to make sure the printer's firmware is up to date. On 'step four' of the above document it had you print a Printer Status Report. If the document printed successfully it show the printer's current firmware version. The most up to date version of the printer's firmware is ORL1CN1418AR. If the printer's firmware version precedes that, the printer's firmware will need to be updated. If It does, please let me know if you are connecting the printer to the computer on a wireless network, or with a USB cable so I can provide direction for updating the printer's firmware.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:)

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation