cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jensim
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

paper type - transparant, vinyl. Printer prints with lines through. looks fine printed on reg paper

HP Recommended
officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am using an adhesive backed transparent as well as a white adhesive backed matte materials but my printer is printing with lines through. I have done the cleaning and aligning of the printhead several times. When I print on paper, there are no lines. I have tried several paper options. Glossy, matte, other specialty papers. Tried trifold brochure. I am wasting a lot of ink. Can you please find me the paper type I can use for this material?

Thank you,

Jennifer Anderson

Rise and Craft

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Jensim,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing print quality issue while printing on a transparent and vinyl material. However, you are able to print on regular paper. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you checked the paper-handling specifications of your printer?

Request you click here for the specifications of your printer. 

Please go through the paper-handling specifications of your printer. 

If you go through Paper tray capacities under paper-handling specifications of your printer. 

You will see a list of papers supported by your printer along with the thickness of the paper. 

Request you to review the print settings on the print application you are using to print to make sure the correct paper type is selected. 

Please refer to the below articles to understand the print settings available for your printer. 

HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

HP Printers - Printing Photos (Windows)

HP Inkjet Printers - Printing Water-Resistant Photos

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation