Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (4,847 Views)

parallel port driver for windows 7

Installed Windows 7 and it sees mky deskjet 720C connected through the parallel port but tells me that no driver is available.  My printer does not have a usb port.  When I used HP asist, it told me to connect via usb.  How can I get the correct driver? HP says it is in Windows 7, but Windows 7 says it is not there

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 3 (4,842 Views)

Re: parallel port driver for windows 7

Hi, you will need to get a USB to Parallel adapter.

Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am a volunteer posting here on my spare time.
Intern
Message 3 of 3 (4,836 Views)

Re: parallel port driver for windows 7

You will also need to add printers and select Windows update. It takes several minutes for a list of printers to appear. Select the HP 720. If you are using Windows 7 64 bit you will need to install this patch by overwriting 3 files, otherwise it will not work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software/Deskjet-710-720-810-820-1000-Series-printer...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation