cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lthpuser
Level 2
26 9 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

parts missing from printer delivered last week

HP Recommended
A7F66A#B1H
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When this HP Officejet PRO 8630 eAIO printer was unpacked last Friday the first task I tackled was to count the parts against the parts list (after unpacking and untaping and unbracing, etc.)

1.  The first item was missing was the "automatic duplexer" the shell which fits on the back of the printer so it can automatically do back to back printing;      [MISSING ONE 'AUTO DUPLEXER'*]

2.  Most of the paperwork included in the box was in French, except for a few pages in English: some of the pages referenced the HP OJ 8620 which is not the printer;         {MISSING QUICK SETUP MAP OR POSTER & SHEETS IN ENGLISH]

3.a.  There was only a power cable, no filters for the fax line, ADSL filters I believe they are called?  [PHONE LINE FILTER(S)]

3.b.  The next day two padded shipping pouches arrived with the four cartridges: Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.

4.  This printer uses 2 caddys, four cartridges are inserted into a caddy and the caddy is plugged into an electro-mechanical socket; it appears the socket is the part which moves the caddy and the cartridges  (2 CADDYs);

NB: At this point I emailed the HP contact  detailing the missing parts, the receipt of the cartridges in separate pouches, and how far I was able to go, the fact it seemed  the duplexer, 2 cartridge CADDYs were required to complete or to enable registration for the "Instant Ink" program and that the return of my HP Officejet Premium 6700 eAIO was going to slip on a day by day basis until HP 8630 had all its parts, setup and Instant Ink registration was completed, etc.

5.  There was no manual or DVD - but the wireless and ePrint setup and operation worked so the latest s/w updates, drivers for the Win7 64-bit Sp1 Home Premium O/S were available without requiring cooperative human assistance.

6.a.  The wireless connection, HP ePrint, etc. completed but it appears as if both 6700 (current printer) and the 8630 display/have same e-mail, and AT&T Tech Support which said there should be no problems if I could/was able to establish secure WPS wireless, direct print, and so forth.  

7.  This morning Monday, 2016.0307 I emailed my HP contact again, explaining I was trying to avoid losing another day: until the 8630 was up and running reliably  I had to continue to use the HP-OJ 6700Premium eAIO.

8.  About three hours later I called the toll-free number my HP contact had emailed me, when I had not heard from anybody at HP about the emails notifying them of missing parts, etc.  I also tried several times to "walk the  decision tree to complete the registration or signup for INSTANT INK program without success for the HP Officejet PRO 8630 eAIO.

9.  Nobody at HP answered the phone: left a voice mail message!

10.  When the middle of the afternoon came around I still HAD NOT heard from anybody at HP I went online, worked  my way through the "decision tree" to see what support was indicated: eventually got to a page which offerred me the choice 

(A)  Chat                            (B)  Calling HP at an apparently long-distance number                    (C) Sending HP "snail mail"

11. Called "CHAT" and was connected to  [Sorry forgot name - never got a chance to request transcript]  After I told him the long story  he said there was a dedicated group which would provide assistance, and without giving me a callback t/f number, email address, or even a chance to request a chat transcript he said he was switching me to the "specialized, ddicated (support?) group.

The chat window remained open for several moments, the text in the window said I was bein transferred, and 

12.  The chat window vanished abruptly, the connection was lost, and I could never contacct the HP first chat person, or anyway to contact the dedicated  HP support team.

13.  Tried unsuccessfully to get back to a choide for "chat" but never was able to get to an hp.com page which had a support/chat link.

14. Came to forum to get the best thoughts of all who have the time to think about this, or can advise me what is predereablv

1 REPLY 1
MarcelusWallace
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,637 114 218
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @lthpuser,

I understand that you are missing parts from your HP Officejet PRO 8630. I will be happy to help.

In order to get this issue resolved you will need to contact HP for further support.

Contact HP:
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear 

Please let me know if you are able to get this issue resolved.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation