cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
flyingscubakev
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

pause during fax dialing from software

HP Recommended

HI, I have a new M1212nf all in one.  I am trying to fax directly from my PC using Word and Excel.  WHen I enter the fax number in the pop up window I am trying to add a pause between the fax number and an access code.  Originally I had a M1522nf and would add the pause by adding a comma (,) and it worked great.  This does not seem to work with the M1212nf I have.

Is there a different key I should be entering in place of the comma?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Kicktires
Level 7
699 691 46 144
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello flyingscubakev-

You are correct, a comma should work. the user manual show this :

Insert a dialing pause

: Press the Pause # button repeatedly until a comma (,) appears on the

control-panel display, indicating that the pause will occur at that point in the dialing sequence.

Insert a pause for dial tone: Press the Symbols * button repeatedly until W appears on the

control-panel display to have the product wait for a dial tone before dialing the remainder of the

telephone number.

If you have dial tone the second option might work for you. I do know that on the officejets a "dash" works to slow down the dialing sequence. i hope this helps.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
flyingscubakev
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I've been out of the office and didn't see this until now.

I have tried all the options, and they may work when standing at the printer, but I'm trying to fax from my workstation within a Word document, just like I did with the previous printer.  Now this new printer doesn't seem to put that pause in (basically doing it the same exact way I was doing with the old printer).

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation