cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

photo printing smudges

HP Recommended

I just upgraded from a Deskjet 9670 to the Officejet 7610 all in one.  Printing photographs on the same batch of paper (HP Advanced paper 13x19") when touching the photograph, I leave fingerprints and smudges on the print from the 7610 when I don't from the 9670.  I can't use the photographs from the 7610 like this. 

I installed the printer on Friday 12/21 and downloaded the latest drivers, I selected the HP Advanced paper in the print driver, with boarderless print option. 

What are my options?   

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After more trials, I find that paper does not seem to alter the problem.  I've now tried HP Advanced Photo Paper, HP Everyday photo paper, and HP Premium Plus photo paper. The image is quite sensitive to touching even after 1 hour of drying time.  I selected the appropriate paper type from the print driver.

0 Kudos
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a solution, not one that I prefer, but at least I'll be able to use my investment.  I took a print and carefully sprayed it with clear gloss spray paint. Two light coats do the trick.

0 Kudos
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 652
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jhwestcott 

Thanks for this feedback. Not an ideal solution I know. I'll try follow up with some of the paper/media folks to see what their inputs are. 

Also, just to confirm, you are using genuine HP inks, right?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All HP products, printer, genuine ink and HP photo papers.

Another note:  The papers are "glossy" however the prints are not really glossy, they are more of a matte finish.  I suspect that is the real issue here, the image seems to be on top of the paper.  The spray paint puts a clear coating over the ink and then I get the glossy finish back.

Thanks for following up, sorry I've been off line for a while.

Jeff

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation