cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TIMMYTOAD
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

photosmart 6510e cannot print a "screen shot" onto plain A4 paper ?

hi all, my lap top has broken down, using an iPad2 i can print with airprint perfectly ok onto a4 paper. i select a file from my iPads photo stream, it is obviously a photo, but it is a screen shot and i want it printed onto a4 plain paper, my 6510 insists on me putting a photo sized glossy paper in, so it wont print anything on a4 plain paper ! perhaps i should add the printer is brand new and i have just taken it out of the box later i have tried to print the same picture using eprint, same result, why cant i print a picture onto A4 size paper ? PLEASE tim
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 5 fertileground
Level 5
318 318 6 22
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi TIMMYTOAD,

A screen shot is an image.  If you paste the image into an email and send it to an ePrint printer that has a photo tray, the default is to print the image to the photo tray even if it was pasted into an email.  There is no way to change the settings.  I hope this helps.

I am an HP employee
TIMMYTOAD
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

cheers buddy, i have now found out the answer for myself, exactly the same time as you posted the answer. however i have found out the way to get around the problem. LOL, i simply start a new Pages document and insert the picture twist it round and stretch it out etc. which is exactly what i wanted to do. tim
0 Kudos
PanteraMoon
Level 5
162 162 21 31
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi TIMMYTOAD,

AirPrint does not have any formatting capability and ePrint is very limited.  I would download and install the HP ePrint Home & Biz app from the App Store.  It will allow you to select paper size, image size, paper type and paper source.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
robnorth
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This sounds like a scam to make you use more expemsive products (ie. photo paper).  I will turn off my eprint function if it requires this.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation