cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aircrafteng
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

photosmart 7525 not booting up, showing failure

HP Recommended
Photosmart 7525

Everytime I turn on my all in one printer, it momenterily shows a blue screen on the display, then shows all the buttons flashing and displays an error massage stating " unit has a problem and needs to be turned off then on again" I have tried this and to no avail.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,641 191 256
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Aircrafteng,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 7525 e-All-in-One Printer that has all the buttons flashing, and shows an error message that says "unit has a problem and needs to be turned off then on again" when you turn it on. I would like to help with that.

Does the printer say what kid of problem? Does the error message contain the words 'Ink System Failure' or 'Printer Problem', or have an error code that starts with 'Ox'?

I will watch for your reply so I can look into this for you. Please reply at your convenience.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Aircrafteng
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your responce. It says at the top of the screen "Printer problem".  When I press the power button, the printer reboots and during the power up mode it momentarily displays a blue screen with this error code B88675D4, before it goes to all the flashing lights. To shut down the printer I have to hold the power button until the amber light iluminates next to the memory slot, if I do not wait til then the printer just reboots to the error screen.

Thank you.

Aircrafteng

0 Kudos
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,641 191 256
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Aircrafteng,

Thanks for getting back with the added information.

Sometimes "Printer Failure" messages can be resolved, sometimes they cannot.

Ink System Failure and Printer Failure use the same general steps to troubleshoot.Here is a support document that can be used that may help to resolve this issue - 'Ink System Failure' or '0x ...' Error Code Displays.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:)

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Aircrafteng
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, no luck as I have no control over the printer, and it appears as it does not even power up, its completly dead except for the flashing lights and message on the screen. Opening the lid does not give me access to the ink cartridges, they do ont slide in view for access. I have tried many ways to down power and even unplugged over night to no avail.

Thank you.

Aircrafteng

0 Kudos
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,641 191 256
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Aircrafteng,

Thanks for letting me know how that turned out. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to fix the Printer Failure issue.

I don't know if your printer is in warranty or not. If it is I would contact HP Technical Support to see what can be done under the warranty. If it is not in warranty they may have an inexpensive replacement or upgrade option.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation