cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
daphned
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

photosmart c4780 loading screen stuck

HP Recommended
hp photosmart c4780
OS X

My printer has never had any issuses, but today when I turned it on, the loading screen won't move. The bar under the HP logo keeps scrolling, but the next screen (print, copy, scan) never pops up. The wi-fi light doesn't come on either and I can't turn the printer back off unless I unplug it. I tried following various trouble shooting directions, but nothing works. What should I do? Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @daphned ,

I see that you are experiencing issues with the display. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Please check your private messages for additional steps to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
amandamartin
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

could you share your tips with me as well? I was in the process of setting up my wireless connection, the printer got unplugged, and now it's been stuck ever since.

0 Kudos
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @amandamartin,

I see that you are having issues with the printer being stuck. I would like to help you.

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
playinpuddles16
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!  Would you be able to help me with this as well?  I have been having issues ever since I was trying to connect to the wireless network.  I have changed the SSID but to no avail have I been able to fix the issue.  I also tried the hard reset option. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
maxlightz
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation