Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have removed the print head and its all dirty and full of ink, how can I clean this off, as printer is not working at all I cannot even find if it can clear its self because it is just showing error msg then instructions on how to replace it does this mean I have to buy a new one..??

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Is this the Officejet7500 wide format printer?   Pages 120-124 of  user manual shows how to clean the contacts on the printhead and inside the printer.  

There is a printhead soak procedure that one can try, but I would check the warranty ends date on the printhead prior to doing that procedure as it will void the printhead warranty.  The warranty date will be located under the contacts  on the printhead that one is to wipe down in the instructions provided in the user manual. 

If in warranty, I would call into HP Total Care for further assistance with print quality issues. If out of warranty, I would look at this post here. It will show one how to soak that type of printhead. If still not working after the soak one would be looking at printhead replacement. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

@Shirlzz1 wrote:

Is this the Officejet7500 wide format printer?   Pages 120-124 of  user manual shows how to clean the contacts on the printhead and inside the printer.  

There is a printhead soak procedure that one can try, but I would check the warranty ends date on the printhead prior to doing that procedure as it will void the printhead warranty.  The warranty date will be located under the contacts  on the printhead that one is to wipe down in the instructions provided in the user manual. 

If in warranty, I would call into HP Total Care for further assistance with print quality issues. If out of warranty, I would look at this post here. It will show one how to soak that type of printhead. If still not working after the soak one would be looking at printhead replacement. 

I clean it by using rubbing alcohol (no water) and a q-tip and/or cotton ball.  Lots of alcohol over the sink to get off the dried ink.  Then it works perfectly!  🙂  Be sure to dry it off gently.  I use an air can to get all the alcohol off of the device.  You don't want to ruin the printer.  

HP Recommended

Folks, just FYI...

Note that the date on the printhead in the OJ 7500 is not a warranty ends date, it is a date of manufacture. In essence the printhead warranty is tied to the printer warranty (so if printer is in warranty then so is the printhead). These printheads are described in the warranty document as 'One year / 90 day printheads'

Printhead.jpg

One year 90 day printheads.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

My new Hp7500 A 910 have problem in head.i give many head cleans but not respond . the attached file is my printe head result. please help me.. Scan.jpg

HP Recommended

Bonjour, j'ai une imprimante

HP OfficeJet 7500A  j'ai acheter des nouvelle cartouche HP364

Je les aie placé et l'imprimante ne recontaient pas la cartouche magenta. J'ai acheté une nouvelle version d'impression je pensais que de la venais l'erreur mais toujours rien pouvez-vous m'aider?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.