cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Localyocal
Level 3
42 22 1 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer D110 scans to computer but will not print.or pass alignment..Ink is full.

hp photosmart D110 series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi I recently brought out my much loved D110 photosmart printer..Install w disc..It scans ..but will not copy or print..The inks are full.and i can see they are'nt clogged or anything because it get a little bit of ink on the rail .I ran the cleaner .alignment etc task.just cant get ink to paper result..any suggestions? Thank you
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,164 7,248 341 888
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer D110 scans to computer but will not print.or pass alignment..Ink is full.

Hello Localyocal,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see  that you are having some issues when attempting to print.

I also see that you stated that you recently brought the printer out.  Has the printer been in storage for a long period of time ( more than a few months)?

If so, the ink delivery system could have dried out or the ink could have an issue.

I suggest you remove the ink from the printer and take a lint free cloth with bottled water and clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as the metal contacts on the printers carriage.

Make sure every thing is completely dry before reinstalling the ink.

I also suggest that you  please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip. Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

Let me know how you make out and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,  Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Localyocal
Level 3
42 22 1 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.I cleaned the ink delivery sys.already.But I will try the power to wall idea..I will let you know how it goes.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation