cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
donsawatzky
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

printer asks for a proxy

HP Recommended

I am trying to set up web ePrint but the printer can't access the network and is adking for a proxy setup.

How do I find out what that is?

9 REPLIES 9
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi donsawatzky,

If you have a proxy setting, you can view the setting by:

1. Opening up an internet browser (if you run Windows, Internet Explorer would be the simplest browser to use).
  2. Going to Internet Options on the Settings menu.
  3. Going to the Connections tab or window.
  4. Clicking on LAN Settings.

If you get to this point and you find that you do not have a proxy setting, post again and we can go from there.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
donsawatzky
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't have a proxy. it says automatically detect settings

0 Kudos
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi donsawatzky,

Which printer do you have? Is it wireless or wired with an ethernet cable to your router?

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
donsawatzky
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an Officejet 8500A910 and it's wireless.

It works on the network but not over the internet.

0 Kudos
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi donsawatzky,

I wanted to send you threads of solutions to your very issue, so that you can view them and maybe the same resolution can help you:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/Connection-Error-Offcejet-Pro-8500A-A910a/m-p/...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/Unable-to-Connect-to-Web-Services-Server/m-p/4...

There are others as well that you can find by searching 'proxy' at the ePrint page of the forums.

Here are a few steps I have listed to help you enable web services and setup ePrint:

1. Restore the network defaults under the Network menu of your printer.
  2. Run the wireless setup wizard to join your printer to your wireless network.
  3. Try to enable web services again.

If this is unsuccessful:

1. Restore the factory defaults under the Tools menu of your printer.
  2. Run the wireless setup wizard to join your printer to your wireless network.
  3. Try to enable web services again.

Ahead130
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Cole_M

Although you put this post out in 2011. It really helped me, thanks so much!!

I was able to easily fix the fact that my printer was not connecting to the server by restoring network settings to default and then thankfully remembering my internet password.

Hope all is well 🙂

0 Kudos
ncraw
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The discussion i am reading is old but hope someone will see this and respond.  I just installed a new wireless router and am trying to reset my HP OfficeJet 6600.  I also got the request for a proxy, and, upon checking the settings window in Internet Explorer, I, also, do not have a proxy address - just the message that it connects automatically.  What do I do now?

0 Kudos
ncraw
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for not knowing, but how and where do you restore network settings to default?

0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,519
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ncraw wrote:

Sorry for not knowing, but how and where do you restore network settings to default?

Done on the front panel of the printer.  Information is in your User Guide.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation