cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer error: 06217C2B

My Photosmart 8050 has suddenly given me this error message:  062172B.  I think it has something to do with the cartridge casing when it moves back across the printer.  Does this mean I have to bury it and get a new one?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
992 990 63 183
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This error comes up sometimes because of the black cartridge, just try removing the black cartridge and check.

Hope this helps...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but that didn't help.  I think it has something to do with the ability of the carriage to move back on its own.  I have to assist it back to the right - gets stuck on the left.  Also, I just noticed the memory card light is blinking, but I've never used a memory card with this printer.

It might be time to buy a new printer.  :Crying:

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation