Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 1 (2,334 Views)

printer installs on DOT4 port instead of USB

While troubleshooting a printer I un-installed a LaserJet 1150 and a PhotoSmart 7550.

Both printers worked, I could use etither as I wished but got a pop up on re-boot I wanted to check.

I have re-installed the LaserJet 1150 using the disk that came with it when it was new. During installation, I choose Local Printer and USB connection and the test page prints.

After installation finishes and I re boot, the printer will not print and its' properties shows it is connected to a DOT4 port, not a USB port.

I have not added another port, I am wondering why, when this computer and printer were compatable before, they are not now.

I have not rolled back to a pre-uninstall restore, I want to know what has happened. 

Perhaps the un-install was the computer equivalent of a virtual divorce Smiley Very Happy

HP PhotoSmart C6280 All-in-One.
HP LaserJet 1150.
HP DeskJet 5900.
HP PhotoSmart A-526.
HP PhotoSmart 7550.
Canon I-80.
Windows XP Pro.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation