cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
p_j_c Top Student
Top Student
7 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer issue

HP Deskjet 5740 printer. Has stopped printing. On pressing the print command the paper half enters the printer and then all lights flash. The paper is released on pressing the resume button but with no printing. The HP print doctor says that there was a queue problem which has been solved! Can anyone assist please?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
9,294 7,777 397 982
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer issue

Hi @p_j_c,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! 🙂  I see you are unable to print to your HP Deskjet 5740 Color Inkjet, when you send a print job the paper pulls in half way, all the lights flash and the paper ejects with nothing on it.

You have ran the HP PSDR, and it tells you there is a problem with the print queue which you have resolved already. To better help you, leave the following information:

1. What is your current Operating system, Windows or Mac and which version?

2. Do you get any error message when you attempt to print?

Please start troubleshooting here: Print Jobs from Your HP Printer are Stuck in the Print Queue

Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
p_j_c Top Student
Top Student
7 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer issue

Thank you Hevnl.gh  for this. I have tried all the solutions, except for solution 9 (uninstall and reinstall software), without success. I have not tried solution 9 simply because the Print Doctor tells me that everything is in order! I am not receiving any error messages but the printer is still not printing - paper simply stopping half way and blank sheet having to be expelled by pressing the resume buttom. As a non-technician it suggests to me that there is a 'sensor' problem. If this last comment prompts a likely solution I would be welcome further help. Incidentaly the operating system is Windows 8.
Thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation