cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
maggie154
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

printer jobs keep repeating

photosmart premium C10 printer
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Printer prints job then repeats it 2 or 3 times even if I cancel the print job after the first printing.  Am wasting  a lot of paper.  Also a second different print job takes up to 5 minutes to start.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,533
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

printer jobs keep repeating

Hi @maggie154,

I see that you are going through a lot of paper due to a print job that keeps printing. I would be happy to do all I can to help you put a stop to this!

Let's reset the printing system, repair disk permissions, re-add the printer using the right driver, and try to scan again.

Reset Printing System

1. Click the Apple icon (   ), and then click System Preferences.
  2. In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan  dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or  Ctrl  +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
  4. Click OK to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct Name and Password.
  6. Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Repair Disk Permissions
  1. On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.
  2. Double-click Disk Utility.
  3. Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
  4. Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.
  5. Once the repair is complete, restart the computer and add the printer back.

When you add the printer, please ensure you are using the HP driver.

1. Select Add other Printer or Scanner                                                      
    2. Select the printer you are adding and next to 'Use' you can select the printer driver 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. I will happily do all I can to help! I look forward to hearing from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation