cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cswalker Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer offline with new internet provider

I just switched from Cox internet to At&t uverse and my laptop was able to find the new router and I entered the password and all is ok but I cannot seem to figure out how to configure my printer to my new wireless router. I have deleted it and reinstalled but it never shows me the option for a new password for the router. Any help???

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,337 13,995
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which printer model do you have? Have you tried running the wireless setup from the touchscreen of the printer(if your model has touchscreen)?

This page should help:

http://h20563.www2.hp.com/p/_wireless/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
cswalker Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks, but it doesn't have an option on the screen. I know there has to be somewhere I put my security password in but it is not showing me anything. It is the Photosmart C4599

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,337 13,995
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

• Insert the printer software CD into your computer.
  • Select Reconfigure Network Settingsfrom the Welcome Back screen.
  • Carefully follow the instructions on the software screens.
  • Once you have successfully connected the printer to your new wireless router, reboot all computers that will use the printer over the wireless network.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
cswalker Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the disk and now it is telling me that I need to upgrade my operating system ( i have windows 7) I didn't have this problem before. Do I need a new printer?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation