cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
yking
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer problems

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 (64 bit).  I cannot install my printer, HP Photosmart C7280 all in one.  Is there a driver I can download?  I just purchased this printer about 9 months ago.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Level 16
Level 16
32,614 25,991 2,374 8,024
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer problems

yking wrote:
I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 (64 bit).  I cannot install my printer, HP Photosmart C7280 all in one.  Is there a driver I can download?  I just purchased this printer about 9 months ago.

You can download the full featured driver from here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
Level 4 RandomRabbit
Level 4
145 145 7 22
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer problems

You will find drivers for 32 and 64 bit Windows 7 here
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Merlin69
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer problems

I have almost the exact same problem. I use a C7280 all in one, but I upgraded to Win 7 from Vista, as I bought this computer in August with Vista loaded. The printer simply doesn't work when you depend on the all in one HP Photosmart ver. 13.1.0 software. I had been on the phone twice, had two chat sessions with tech support, and 19 support emails. All to not, the software doesn't work in Win 7. I finally wrote the CEO at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/hurd/index.html which produced a phone call. The upshot of the phone call was that the HP Photosmart ver. 13.1.0 software isn't ready for Win 7.

Specifically what happens with me upon printing is that the document or product I want to print doesn't even go to the print queue. Although the printer will print test pages all day, the photosmart software doesn't allow printing from any applications (Word, Excel, or HP's photo essentials).

The best that tech support after 24 contacts can do for me is to offer a generic print driver until some day in the future the next version of the HP Photosmart software is offered.

0 Kudos
Level 8
Level 8
737 721 55 234
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer problems

Hi,

Have you taken a look at this thread.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=PrintingWin7&thread.id=883

It may point you in the right direction.

JonW

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Merlin69
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer problems

I just replied to that thread. Although I feel the thread will help find a solution, it hasn't helped today.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Merlin69
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer problems

What more can I do to fix this issue? Do I wait until the next version of the photosmart all in one printer software is posted?
0 Kudos
Level 8
Level 8
737 721 55 234
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer problems

Try this Workaround that I have just posted to the thread

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=PrintingWin7&message.id=1305#M1305

JonW

I work for HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation