cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

printer status report

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620

I have had my printer form about 4 months and in the last month, it has started printed a Printer Status Report daily or 

twice a day. It's wasting my paper and ink. How do I stop this? Hard reset did not work.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,782
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi @zenadog

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed that your HP Officejet Pro 8620 is printing a status report every day. I am happy to look into this issue for you! 

Are you using Genuine HP ink cartridges, or refills? 
Are any of your ink cartridges low or empty?
What Operating System are you using? Windows, or Mac? What version? http://www.whatsmyos.com

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Once I know this information, I will do some further research for you! 

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I only use genuine HP refills.  None of them are low or empty. I'm not sure what operating system I'm using. Are you referring to the computer I use to print? If so, mostly Mac but sometimes Windows since this printer is connected to my network for wireless printing.  The Mac is OSX. Hope I answered your questions because this is driving me crazy.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,782
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi zenadog, 

I have sent you the instructions for a semi-full reset, in a private message. This will restore the printer to it's default factory settings, and will need to be setup again. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this will resolve your issue! 🙂
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation