cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
poodlemommy7
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer will not print color even though there is a color cartridge in

HP Recommended

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 last year it seems my printer will not print with the color cartridge. I have tried 3 different color cartridges which as HP and none of them will work. Only black will work. Help. Please.  I read somewhere that it means the printer needs to be cleaned. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,736 25,616 1,414 1,485
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@poodlemommy7

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Printer is not printing in color. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Please provide the complete printer model number or product number.

Meanwhile:

Perform hard Reset on the printer.

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Press and hold the power button for 30secs.
  • Connect the power cable to the printer and directly to the wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation