cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SAWW
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer won't print black ink

HP Recommended
HP photosmar plus B209 A
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

The printer worked just fine, until I saw the message that I was low on black ink.  Once I put in the new cartridge it was like it couldn 't read it.  I thought I had a defective cartridge, so I put the old one back in and headed to the store to buy a new one.  I put that one in with the same results, still no black ink.  I followed the advice on HP: cleaned print heads, made sure cartridge was vented, etc.  To no avail, it still would work.  At that point I was frustrated, so I turned to the internet and the ideas on there,(wet towel under print head, removing print head and cleaning it.  cleaning the print head, I did this 5 times with the same result: no black, but used up most of my color, wiping out black screen, turning on and off)  Nothing worked.  At one point I even saw a message stating the printhead wasn't installed properly.  It took me shutting it off and then on to get that message to clear.

Any ideas of what I can to now?  At this point I'm ready drop it at a recycling center!

thanks

SAWW

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Rainbow7000
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,166
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there! Welcome to the HP Community @SAWW,

I came across your post about the issue your Photosmart B209 is having with printing black, and I wanted to add my suggestions that may help. See the links below and try the troubleshooting. If they do not resolve the issue, you most likely will need a new printer. I will also leave HP's contact info if you wish to contact them to discuss your replacement or trade in options if needed.

1. 'Printhead Problem' or 'Printhead Appears to be Missing or Damaged' Displays for HP Photosmart Premi...

2. You can try soaking the printhead as well. Only try this step as a last resort and please follow the steps accordingly. Black printer cartridge HP 920 not working

Good luck 🙂

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!
Click the "Accept as Solution" if I have guided you to a solution!

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation