cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sherlee2002
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer won't stop printing

HP Recommended
HP Officejet4630
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Due to rewiring in home my wireless network name (SSID) changed. Since then I have not been able to print. Computer says "printer offline". Blue light next to wireless picture is solid. When I turn on the printer it prints continuisly things I did not request such as internet ads. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,555 31,263 2,866 10,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sherlee2002

You might be able to just edit the SSID entry through the EWS (Embedded Web Server).

Set Printer SSID

=======================================================

You could also try removing and reinstalling a fresh copy of the Full Feature Software for the pinter.  This is a bit of overkill; it may be effective and is not difficult.

If you are confident about the software and do not want to install it -- at least not yet -- you could try "Restarting Everything".

Instructions, Help, Commentary, and Examples:

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

=======================================================

This is an ePrint capable printer and so prints from the Internet.   The best way to ensure that you are not printing other than what you expect on your printer is to control the "Authorized user" list of people who can print to the printer and to maintain control over the Print-Apps (formally Printables).

Add Device to Printer

See: 

• Print Apps – Make it Stop (formally Printables)

and

• Examples – HP Connected / ePrint – Devices

>>  HP Connected / ePrint – Allowed Senders List:

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation