cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

printing issue with officejet 7612 not printing cyan

HP Recommended
officejet 7612 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

about a week and a half ago, My printer had run out of a couple of colors of ink. So I went to staples and bought new ones. 

After replacing the ink I tested them and noticed some streaking. So i cleaned the printerhead via the tool built into the printer. it takes a few trys but it still never got completely clean. after a few more tries at cleaning it, the blue wasn't even showing  up and now the other colors were streaking!

So I contacted an HP rep via the support  agent, and they insisted that it was a faulty cartidge after suggesting I run the tests to clean the printhead, and then suggested I removed the printhead and wipe it down which is not an easy task for someone without the right tools on this printer!

now at this point I had a week to go on my warrenty. I was praying that this wouldn't be a serious issue. What happened was the rep sent me a new blue cartidge with an envelope to sent the faulty catridge back to HP. 

This new catridge did not even work. Blue(cyan) is completly left out but the other colors are flawless... 

I had read online that the printhead itself can become jammed inside if ink dries on the surface. As I said above, I tried once to remove the printerhead, which involves  unhooking some springs, unplugging a few cables, and unconnecting a couple tubes. once you get it off, it's said you should soak the bottom of the head in some rubbing  alcohol with a paper towel. This makes the ink run, so do it over a bowl or something. This didn't change anything. 

problem still being, Cyan does not come out onto the page even tho it says it's full. all of the other colors are being depleted because I keep testing everything possible. My warrenty is now up because an HP mis-diagnosed my problem, and now no one wants to help me shop this printer out to get it fixed, because they say it would be cheaper to buy a new one. ... why is this so hard?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 13
Level 13
6,373 6,343 509 1,087
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

As far as the issue is concerned ( technical part ), the printhead is a fixed part in this printer. It is not a Customer Removable Part. 

It seems to be an issue with the printhead, and printer need to be serviced.

In your case since the printer is Out Of Warranty, I guess going with a printer upgrade would be the best option.

I'd suggest you calling Tech Support ( 1-800-474-6836 )

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can find a copy of the transcript.

the HP agent told me to try it. So I did my best. 

I don't want a new printer. I'd like to keep using this one. 

IF  I do Buy a new printer, it definetly will NOT be an HP.

Can someone just send me a link to buy a new printerhead? For some reason i can't find scrap parts anywhere

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
32 31 1 3
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

gingerkid9k,

As far as I know, HP do not sell spare part like printhead.

I recommend you to bring back to the dealer to claim your warranty.

I hope your problem will be solved and you can use your printer.

Click on the "Thumbs up" button to say "Thanks".

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".

Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation