Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
macOS 10.12 Sierra

When printing using wireless connection, once printing complete the message "printing - waiting for job to complete" appears.  This takes about one to two minutes to clear before the next job in the queque can print.  Very frustrating when printing a number of pages, particualrly when time constrained.  Any suggestions to fix? 

Update:

The elapsed time from printing to the clearing of the "printing - waiting for job to complete" is 3 mins 10 seconds.  Too long to wait for printing!

PS Don't want any more badges, just want the problem fixed.

And now - difficulty in maintaining connection with the printer.  After many years with a very relaible HP Printer, this is very disappointing.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Stewie1

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 has issues with slow printing due to the message that appears to delay your print,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt a hard reset on your printer?

Have you checked the printer settings to turn off the notifications?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

Step 1: Reset the printer

Resetting the printer can resolve slow printing issues.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Check the print driver settings

Check the print driver settings. Selecting certain paper types or printing in Best or Maximum DPI quality can slow print speeds. Print with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for faster print speeds.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

P.S: The badges are automatically provided by the HP forum's website,
If you don't like them, ignore them,

Just Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Stewie1

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Since, it looks like the issue persists, after all the steps we've gone through so far,

I recommend we perform a Semi-full reset to fix your concern,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical,

And we don't want it in the wrong hands, as the printer will be set back to factory defaults).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.