cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mima17
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printing

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4620

Hi, I'm Mima 17. I have an officejet 4620 and am on a usb port. Recently I ran out of in and I bought and installed an HP black cartridge. I did not change the color cartridges (and they are empty). Now my printer will not print from my computer or when I hit copy on the printer itself. Is this because I have empty color cartriges? I don't want to buy them if this is not the problem. Could there be something else going on that I can fix. I already tried cleaning the heads and everything the troubleshoot program asked me to do.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,396 13,344 1,363 3,546
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

Do you see any error messages when you hit print?  Did the printer prompt you to replace the color cartridges?

Typically, all the cartridges need to be in beofre it can function properly.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation