Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 7210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

cartridge light blinks although new cartridge in place

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @Soute – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

Going through your post, I see that you are having issues with the Officejet 7210 printer. First off, this is a very old model printer and have been retired and is no longer supported by HP. But, I’ll certainly do my best to help you with this!

I see that you are having issues with the cartridges, did you try using an alternate cartridge? If unavailable, try using the old cartridge and check. See if the light still blinks. If the printer is accepting the old cartridge, then the issue could be with the new cartridge.

Also, try to clean the new cartridge contacts to try and fix the issue. It could be possible that the cartridge contacts are slightly off, which creates the issue.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Tx. I will use your advice when I am back from holiday
HP Recommended

Hello, @Soute

Thanks for the update!

Let me know if the instructions I provided help you find a solution. If it did resolve the issue, please let me know by marking my public post as a Solution! This will help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.