Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I printed a purple PDF file from my ink printer that came out a light green. I printed the same PDF file from two other ink printers and two lazer printers and they came out purple-matching the PDF file color shown on the computer.

I tried printing a slightly different shade of purple on my printer and it came out purple.

I am so confused! Any help would be great!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Please provide me the model # of printer . 

HP Recommended

It's a Hp 7520 all-in-one

HP Recommended

Hi

Print out a Diagnostic Page from tools MENU on the printer & check if there are any streaks or Miscolouration on any of the color or black solid blocks. 

HP Recommended

It looks good to me because I had already cleaned and aligned the cartridge heads.

I actually reset my printer defaults on the menu option on my actual printer but it still comes out green. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, but no luck there either.

-1.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Use an MSWORD application, Print in purple and green.

If it prints fine with MS Word your printer is fine. The issue is with PDF printing we will need to check the PDF application. 

If it prints the same from the MS Word.

Uninstall and reinstall your printer software from the computer. 

Recommended downloading latest drivers online. 

Let me know what happened? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.