Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NeuroMari Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Error Communicating with Printer," still prints

HP Deskjet 1000 Series J110
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

When I go to print a document, I get the error message telling me that my computer cannot communicate with the printer. Despite the error, the printer still prints the file just fine. I'm not entirely sure why it tells me it can't communicate when it seems to be working just fine. Is there a different issue underlying that I don't know about? When I troubleshoot it, it is unable to find any problems. 

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2702 191 255
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Error Communicating with Printer," still prints

Hi @NeuroMari,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I understand that you are using an HP Deskjet 1000 Printer Series with a Windows 8 computer, and when you go to print a document the computer says it cannot communicate with the printer but still prints. I would like to help with that.

I am thinking it may be a printer software and driver issue, or it could possibly be a USB cable that is starting to fail.

I would run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is a tool that can diagnose and even fix software and printing issues. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation