Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Provost Provost
Provost
12149 966 2917
Message 11 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

Hi alasdair,

I am having the same issue with logging into the forums. I ended up using a different PC. If you have ran through the scrub steps, and still are unable to get the software loaded correctly it is possible that something in the operating system is contributing to the installation failures. Install this printer on another Windows PC, and let me know if you have the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
alasdairm Tutor
Tutor
13 0 4
Message 12 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

i tried it on a Win XP Pro machine and have the same problem.

so i have a wireless printer i can't use from my own pc or my laptop and i have a support forum i can't use on my own pc or laptop and i can't solve the problem without paying hp for support.

disappointed to say the least. this is how you lose a customer forever.

thanks for trying to help.

alasdair

Provost Provost
Provost
12149 966 2917
Message 13 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi alasdair,

For the server error message when attempting to log into the forums you need to clear out your history and cookies, and then reboot the computer. This is what it took for me to get logged back in on this computer.

What was the error message when you installed it on the XP computer wirelessly?

What happens when you installed it on the XP computer over USB?

What is the make and model of your wireless router?

I am an HP employee.

0 Kudos
alasdairm Tutor
Tutor
13 0 4
Message 14 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

1. i get exactly the same error: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

2. i haven't tried installing it over usb. it's a wireless printer. i want to use it wirelessly.

3. the wireless router is a netgear wnr1000v2. i don't see how it can be the router - i'm able to print to the printer perfectly well over wireless. i am able to ping the printer and it responds.

thanks

alasdair

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Provost Provost
Provost
12149 966 2917
Message 15 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi alasdair,

I understand you want this setup wirelessly, but I need you to install this printer on the XP computer using the USB connection, and let me know if Solution Center is working. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

0 Kudos
alasdairm Tutor
Tutor
13 0 4
Message 16 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i plugged in the printer using a usb cable. the usb software was installed correctly. when i run hp solution center it fails with:

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.

Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program form the installation CD for a network installation.

If this does not complete the installation, or you do not have the CD, access the HP help files by clicking the Start menu"

plugging in the USB cable did not do anything and there are no HP help files evident by clicking the Start menu.

thanks

alasdair

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12149 966 2917
Message 17 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi alasdair,

Here is what we need to do at this point. We need to focus on one computer, and then once we have gotten that computer working we can work on the other. Follow the 1603 Fatal error document to turn off all your startup programs, and then run the scrub steps on the XP computer. When you attempt to reinstall the printer I would like you to connect to the printer USB before we attempt to connect it wirelessly.

Let me know what happens?

Fatal Error 'Error 1603

Note: Do not use any software you have already downloaded. Download the full feature software again from the link I provided below.

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the uninstall_L4 (exe or Bat)

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a - XP:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-80511-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

HP Officejet 5610 - XP:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-35363-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

I am an HP employee.

0 Kudos
alasdairm Tutor
Tutor
13 0 4
Message 18 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i connected via USB and followed those instructions to the letter. hp solution center is working.

0 Kudos
alasdairm Tutor
Tutor
13 0 4
Message 19 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

previous reply was for xp laptop.

i also followed the directions, connecting by usb on my win7 desktop and hp solution center is working on both now.

what do i do to get this working wirelessly now?

thanks

alasdair

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12149 966 2917
Message 20 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi alasdair,

Ok, good to hear it is working over USB. What you need to do now is run the setup.exe file again from the download, and then when you get to the connection type screen select wireless. If the software indicates the printer is already installed chose to add a device. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation