cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Ink System Failure: 0xc18a0001" - Photosmart 3310

My Photosmart 3310 has died. I did the 4-finger salute of pressing 'ok, cancel, black, color'  to reset it but same error message as Subject returns.  I had it for 4.5 years and printed 8800 times according to the stats the printer transmitted to HP. I used only HP-consumables in a smoke-free home environment. It feels premature as  I have had other printers that lasted much longer.

I;m in the market for a new printer. I would like a printer with same functionality or better than the 3310. Printing quality photos is paramount, although 80% of the time its printing text files or MS office files.

I'm looking at Canon MX870 and HP Photosmart Touchsmart C309n.

Thoughts or Recs?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 1
2 2 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Ink System Failure: 0xc18a0001" - Photosmart 3310

My HP Photosmart gave me the same error although the first error was a carriage return error.  The was no paper jam or carriage jam.  After clearing that error I received a second error.

Ink system failure.  Oxc18a0001.  I attempted to reset the printer a number of times using the OK, cancel, black, color button.  It did not clear the error the first two times I tried the reset.  I removed all of the ink cartridges and I discovered that one of the ink cartridges was empty despite the ink gauge saying it was full.  

I replaced the empty ink cartridge and reset the printer.  It worked.  Then failed as another ink cartridge was very low on ink.  Replacing the second ink cartridge and reseting the printer again seemed to resolve the problem.  

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation