cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tony_barron
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

"Prints" a blank back side for a 1 page document

HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

With multipage documents, I prefer to print 2-sided but when I print a 1 page document, it "prints" the blank back side anyway.  Any way to prevent that short of changing the options just for that document?

3 REPLIES 3
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,507 26,830 2,443 9,239
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, no.  If the printer is set for duplex printing it will send both sides through even if the back side is blank.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
tony_barron
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but that seems terminally (npi) stupid.

Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,507 26,830 2,443 9,239
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You could make a copy of your printer, name it something like "SS 6520" and set its default to single sided printing.  Then when you have single pages to print send to the SS 6520 copy rather than the other one.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation