cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gert1972 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Remove & check cartriges" message PSC 2175

I was printing and suddenly my printer stopped and gave a message "Remove & check cartriges" .

The (original HP) cartridges are valid until 11/2012. Cartridges are 3 months old. I tried at startup (after unpugging) to hold down cancel and right button together, hold setup and option buttons together but both ways didn't help. Found on the internet that it could reset the cartridge counter or something with that button combinations. Maybe it's a hardware malfunction, because the message stay.

I want to buy another printer now, but first wanted to see if someone else had the same problem solved.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Cowgirlsuse Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also getting this message on my Photosmart C5280. Black cartridge is brand new, nothing obviously wrong with it, and is inserted correctly. Anybody out there got any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
30,266 25,844 2,368 7,919
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is generally an electrical connection issue between the printer and the cartridge.  Clean the cartridge and printer contacts as shown here.  If that does not resolve the issue check the cartridge warranty status as shown here, if the cartridge is an HP original it may still be in warranty.  (The cartridge warranty does not depend on the printer being in warranty.) 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation