The HP Community is here for you.
10-04-2012 04:55 PM
10-25-2012 12:56 PM
I will need a little more info in order to help out. Is your printer a PSC 2175 too? Are the cartridges being used Genuine non refilled HP ink cartridges? Do you have the printer plugged directly into the wall? Have you done any troubleshooting steps like cleaning the cartridges? ANd when you "boot" the printer are you powering it off and then on? Or are you doing a hard reset?
A hard reset consists of:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.
This reset attempts to clear error messages and attempts to restore the printer to a known working condition if possible. No user settings are lost with a hard reset.