cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ryansp3 Tutor
Tutor
3 2 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

"Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

I've read posts that address this problem before, but none of the solutions seemed to work for me. When trying to open solution center I receive the error message: "Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete".  argh, AGAIN!!! It used to work, but all of a sudden doesn't anymore. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted print spooling, updated adobe flash, ran windows updates, changed the startup in "HP CUE Device Discovery", turned off virus protection, tried to connect by USB instead of wirelessly, etc... I've also tried:

1. Download and install the following update

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77751-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

2. Type %temp% in the run field

3. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

4. Open folder Util

5. Open folder CCC

..but didnt have a 'Util' folder in the folder starting with 7z....

I don't have a disk, rather downloaded the software.

This sucks, any other suggestions...?????

I have a Dell Vostro Laptop running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and 64-bit, connected wirelessly to a HP Photosmart All-in-one C4599.

Thank you in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
ryansp3 Tutor
Tutor
3 2 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I finally got it!! I decided to, once again, uninstall and reinstall. I did end up several folders that started with 7z... I found one that DID have a 'Util' folder within it, and a 'CCC folder' within that, so i was able to continue with instructions from a related post, from HP employee 'pcwizard':

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-80348-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

So I'm pumped it worked but why does this problem even happen?
gtrhead Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, thanks so much for posting this solution.  It helped me except for the fact that I have an HP Photosmart Premium printer (309a Series).

The link for the installation .exe that worked for me is here:  

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-66918-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GrahamK Tutor
Tutor
20 14 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

II've just experienced the same issue and the solution worked perfectly. Thank you, Graham.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation