Note on archived topics.
06-11-2012 01:25 PM
I've read posts that address this problem before, but none of the solutions seemed to work for me. When trying to open solution center I receive the error message: "Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete". argh, AGAIN!!! It used to work, but all of a sudden doesn't anymore. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted print spooling, updated adobe flash, ran windows updates, changed the startup in "HP CUE Device Discovery", turned off virus protection, tried to connect by USB instead of wirelessly, etc... I've also tried:
1. Download and install the following update
2. Type %temp% in the run field
3. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
4. Open folder Util
5. Open folder CCC
..but didnt have a 'Util' folder in the folder starting with 7z....
I don't have a disk, rather downloaded the software.
This sucks, any other suggestions...?????
I have a Dell Vostro Laptop running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and 64-bit, connected wirelessly to a HP Photosmart All-in-one C4599.
Thank you in advance for any help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-11-2012 02:52 PM
If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:
1. Type %temp% in the run field
2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
9. Download the full feature software and drivers
10. Run the download to reinstall the printer
So I'm pumped it worked but why does this problem even happen?
06-14-2012 10:36 PM
Hi, thanks so much for posting this solution. It helped me except for the fact that I have an HP Photosmart Premium printer (309a Series).
The link for the installation .exe that worked for me is here: