Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

First of all, not having a customer support over the phone for tech support is ridiculous, but ANYWAY...I've searched the boards for my question and I found a few people that had the same issue and they got their issue resolved but every time I found one with the link to a page that would fix it, what would you know? ERROR 404 NOT FOUND.

FUNN!

So, first of all let me say that it prints just fine. It finds the printer and prints no problem. And I used to be able to scan no problem. I don't know what happened, but when I went to click scan and scan to, my computer was not listed at all, like it could not find my computer. I then did a factory reset on it after fighting with it for what seemed forever and I FINALLY got it to see my computer. Tried to print and it prints just fine, got excited because it finally saw my computer, go to scan and now my computer is saying "The HP OfficeJet 4650 Series was not found."

I redownloaded the HP printer assistant and reinstalled the printer on to my computer as well like it was a brand new printer and it's still giving me the same issue. I've tried to scan through the printer itself, same message pop up on my screen. I tried to scan through the computer itself, same message.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Else, can you try using a TCP/IP port?

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

How to Scan to Computer

The following resources will show you how it's done:

Scan to Computer

Scan to Computer (New UI)

How to use "Scan to Computer" properly

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear about your expereince.

It may be due to the Printer's IP address has been changed. It may happen when the printer is shutdown for awhile and started later

You need to update the IP address of the Printer to the PC.

Launch the HP Printer Assistant from Start Menu->Program files->HP Officejet 4650 , then follow the steps below.

UpdateIPAddress.JPG

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended
It said success and I went to scan and I got the same error message. It prints just fine like before. I even shut both of them down and turned them back on to see if that would make a difference. It did not. My scanner can see my laptop, and it acts like it's going to work, but it's like my laptop is blocking it somehow. Even though it can "sense its presence" because I get an error message. I'm so lost.
HP Recommended
I am still getting the same Error message.
HP Recommended
I'd like to also add that I do have scan to computer enabled.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.