Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (877 Views)

"a newer version of this software is already installed on my computer . . . "

I have an Officejet Pro L7680.  I have been attempting all day to reinstall the printer on my computer.  After trying to clear up multiple problems, instead of using my disk, I downloaded the installation software from HP just in case.  Every time the download failed, it would run the uninstall and restart the computer.  Then I would try again and again.  However, now I get the message that a newer version of the software is already installed on my computer and just to plug in my printer and the computer will find it and install it.  Well, I do that and it does not find the printer.  I even restarted the computer hoping on a start up it would recognize it, but I had no luck.  I cannot find any software loaded on the computer for the printer, so I have no where to go to uninstall any newer version.  It is making me crazy now and I hope someone can steer me in the right direction.  I need this comuter for work.

Thanks you.

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 2 (702 Views)

Re: "a newer version of this software is already installed on my computer . . . "

I am having exactly the same problem and fully understand the utter frustration. Anyone out there with the solution please short of rebuilding the laptop. Will very much appreciate any help/guidance! Many thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation