Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (664 Views)

"no network setting are available" on an HP Officejet Pro 8500

Been scouring the Internet and forums to see if I can get some info about the networking on the Officejet 8500 but haven't found anything related to the wired network option of the printer. I have the basic one with the wired network - the A909 version.

The printer prints and is accessible through the USB but not through the network.

Problem:

After a brown out at our house the printer quit printing via the Network. I thought it was a simple re-setup the static address I had assigned but it didn't work. I can successfully print via USB but bought the printer because I didn't have to have a computer turned on all the time to print.

The network is not configurable (static or DHCP).I can print the HP Network Configuration Page but I get the following

Network Status                               Offline

Active Connection Type                 None

URL for Embedded Web Server http:/0.0.0.0

802.3 Wired

Hardware Address (MAC)            00265571ad12

So the printer is recognizing the network interface but it is unconfigurable.

While connected with the USB cable in the HP Solution Center software when I click on Other Settings, Network Settings I get the message:

"This product has not been configured for networking.

No network settings are available."

Is there a way to reset/reseat/troubleshoot the card or is it fried and no longer usable?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 5 (662 Views)

Re: "no network setting are available" on an HP Officejet Pro 8500

First, reset the power supply.  Unplug it from both the wall and the printer for 5 minutes, plug back in.

When you turn on the printer, let's reset it.  Hold the # and 6 keys while and for a few seconds after turning the printer back on.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (655 Views)

I have completed the reset and it asked to set the language etc up. Still not able to change any network settings either by the front panel or software.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (655 Views)

I can and always have been able to "set" the IP info from the panel but I go through the motions but it won't save to the printer so that it is usable.

Retired
Message 5 of 5 (646 Views)

I think the brownout may have fried it.  Check your PM for special instructions.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation