cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nomadics
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

"not Connected" note comes up a lot, although printer is connected. What is going on?

HP Recommended

Since a month, my HP e-printer does not printregularily anymore, or only sporadically. I did the obvious, turning off and on, but still I get the message "not connected"  . We live in a dusty area, could it be that the printer has collected  too much dust in one year? We never used to have this issue, what is going on, please? Thank you... Nicole

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jmet03
Level 3
Level 3
37 37 6 10
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Nicole, 

First thing I would try is to reboot everything. Unplug the printer and leave it unplugged for a minute. Then unplug the router for a couple seconds then plug it back in. Wait for your router to get booted back up completely (when your internet is working again) and then plug the printer back in. Check the wireless settings on the printer to make sure that its still connected to your network. Sometimes a good old fashioned rebooting will help connectivity issues like this. Also, depending on which printer you have it may help to "check for product updates". You can go to "setup" > "Web Services" > "Product updates" > "Check for product updates" and let it install any updates. 

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation