cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nybabs63
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"out of paper" message

I have an HP Deskjet All-in-one F4580 that keeps saying it is out of paper. I have followed all of the trouble shooting tips, ie: cleaning rollers, resetting, cleaning ink, etc. Any other ideas before I get it serviced?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
debbyp73
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"out of paper" message

I've got exactly the same problem with the same model - have you had any luck getting it working yet please?

0 Kudos
Level 1 LauraM2000
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"out of paper" message

Hello

Please try the link below and see if it helps:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00786157

Thanks

Laura

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
nybabs63
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"out of paper" message

Thanks Laura, but that's a page right out of HP's playbook. As I have stated to HP's technicians at least 10 times, I have already done all of that! They have sent me the same link every time. It's ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Binary_Zen
Level 7
821 820 33 165
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"out of paper" message

Does it actually fail to pick the paper from the input tray or does it pick it up and halfway through the printer it comes up with the error?

If it cannot pick up the paper then the pick up roller or mechanism is bad and will need to be serviced. If it is coming up with the error after it picked up the paper then the paper sensor is not being tripped by the paper. It is either stuck (since it is usually mechanical) due to a debris (like torn pieces of paper) or just plain broken. During the troubleshooting with the tech support agent did you guys look for small pieces of torn paper in the rear of the printer?

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
0 Kudos
julex
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"out of paper" message

I know this is ages ago, but I have the same problem on my sons F4580. I went into print then properties and the paper setting was incorrect, I changed it to the right setting.. First i reset the printer by having it on and pulling out the power cable. 30 secs later plugged it in. It rebooted itself and printed a test paper.  ( took me 1 hour and lots of reading to find this)  Hope it helps any new readers like me.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation