cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cgl102770
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"the door or cover must be closed to print."

But the door/cover is closed. It's an hp deskjet 1050 j410 series. Has anyone had this problem before? Thank you for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
raygunm
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am getting this as well and unable to print. i called HP support and as i was describing this to the agent she finished my sentence for me making it clear she is aware of the issue. since the printer is out of warranty she passed me off to the HP site. i found HP's printer utility which i thought might help this issue, however it was useless. after the last failure to print my printer was in a error state with 4 lights flashing. i ran the utility and it did not detect the error state and it concluded my printer is operational. totally useless. 

i found a doc which troubleshoots the error state on the printer but no resolution.

0 Kudos
DoubleOhSeven
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the solution!

Turns out, there are two doors where the ink cartridge goes. Once you have installed the cartridge, you should try to lift the first door and shut it close. That will leave another door still on the ground - that's it! 🙂

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation